Saturday, July 4, 2015

My Hero

My father passed away this morning at 7:54 EST from complications with his transplant.  It was exactly 30 days from his surgery.  His time of death was nearly the exact time he saw me after my transplant surgery 1 year ago today.

I am devastated as is my family.  Life is not fair and I feel like I have been kicked in the face with that fact.  I have been waiting to share this transplant experience with my father.

My dad used to tell me when his father died that the thing that he lost that he missed the most, other than his dad, was having someone to call and talk to, to share with, to get a different and honest perspective on something.  I want so badly to call him and ask him how to deal with this because I don't have any idea what to do.....................

He was 72 years,  164 days old, which is 20 years too young.

I miss you dad

2 comments:

  1. Pete,

    I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been following your story from a distance, and I was thrilled to see your recent post - all the progress you have made, and the hopeful note about your father. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete,

    You have my deepest sympathies. Events like these show us that life is so fragile and can be too short. May my prayers help lift you and your family up and may your dad rest peacefully now. No more pain. God bless all of you.

    ~ DAP @ My2ndHeartBeat

    ReplyDelete