Sunday, August 26, 2012

Just finished the Minneapolis Duathlon

They claim it is the world's largest duathlon.  I finished in 2:09, which was 110/123 in my age division, and 540/630 for the men.  My goal was 2 hours.  My first run was 34:02, the 18 mile bike was 54:18, and the last run was 36:54.  I hit a wall at the 2 mile mark of the second 5k and while I HATE to admit it, I had to walk.  I had nothing left in the tank.  There was one major accident on the bike course, and it did look very bad, at least 10 bikes were piled up and a cyclist was down and not moving.  I am pretty sure I was the only competitor with heart failure and a LVAD so all things considered I think I kicked butt.  On to recovering...............

2 comments:

  1. I just did the same race! I am sad to say I had to walk for a while too, but I am glad to hear you did finish. I wish the best to you and the cyclist who went down. Everyone's hearts seemed to collapse when we rode by the scene...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been off from blogging for awhile, but I just saw you as a follower of mine. You are crazy!!! Wow! Good job, that is awesome with the VAD. I trained for a century ride a year after tx.

    ReplyDelete