Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No Soup for You 1 Year

I officially came off of 1A yesterday at 12AM.  My 30 days has passed without having received the gift of a new heart.  I think I am ok with that.  While I am definitely ready for the next step I am aware that I am doing well with my LVAD and continue to push myself to take on new challenges.  So if I have to wait another year or so until I get the call so be it.  I can't say I am not happy that I get to avoid anti rejection therapy for a bit longer:-)  That is the silver lining.  And there is always the possibility of a miracle happening before I get the call:-)  I am pushing myself to compete in and complete the Minneapolis Duathlon at the end of the month.  This is a 5K run followed by a 15 mile bike ride followed by another 5K run.  I can do each of those by themselves....the challenge is doing all of them one after the other.  I have a completion time in mind but I wont say anything till after the race.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete,
    I check in every now and then with the hope that you had received a call. I am inspired by your additude and courage. I wish I could be there to race the duathlon with you. Take care my friend.
    Sincerely,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete,
    I'm a new follower, and just started a blog of my own. My dad is currently in the process (although he does not have an LVAD yet, but I think it's coming soon). Came to blogger for other's experience and support and I look forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete