Thursday, September 13, 2012

Many new interesting articles

I wonder what I would think about all of this research if I hadn't run from this disease for the past ten years.  Two interesting articles popped up in my google machine last night that I had to share.  The first one has to do with earlier detection and hopefully reversal or elimination of heart failure.  Thanks to our friends at Johns Hopkins:

Johns Hopkins Protein article

The second article has to do with an advanced treatment protocol.  It is interesting to me because in transplant the Vagus nerve is cut which disrupts the regulation of resting heart rate and the sympathetic nervous response, fight or flight.  In short my heart won't know to speed up or slow down because it is "denervated" or the nerve has been cut:-)  Very cool how tapping into this nerve function offers promise to those not facing transplant like me.  Check it out:

Vagus Nerve therapy Article - Allegheny PA

No comments:

Post a Comment