Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Making a List and Checking it Twice

I sat down last night and began to brainstorm how to get ready for the Transplant event. I watched an episode of Top Chef on Bravo the night before and it got my mind thinking. On the show the did Restaurant Wars, each team having to design and buy decorations for a restaurant as well as create a menu and cook for 100 people in 24 hours. What got me thinking was how they missed some of the big picture things that seemed so obvious. So in creating my to-do list for when the call comes I tried to see the big picture. I came up with a list of things I think we need to have a plan for. These are: 1) What to pack for me and Heidi 2) Create a call tree and notification plan (need to know, would like to know, should know) 3) An initial communication for Caring-bridge to alert people who are following my story 4) Child Care plan 5) Emergency plan - if something tragic happens who to call, where are the critical documents, what are my wishes etc. 6) Fundraiser - Do we want to do one, where, how? 7) Come home plan - When I first came home from LVAD surgery it was crazy trying to figure out life outside the hospital, and it was frightening. What do you do after transplant? 8) Rehab Plan - Cant drive for 60 - 90 days so how do I get to cardiac rehab 9) Contact List - Emails, phone numbers, addresses of people that I know and interact with as well as Heidi For those that read this are there other things we should work on? These seem to be the big items that I have pulled from other books/blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment