Monday, January 16, 2012

Time to get focused

The phone rang at 3:30pm today and it was the heart clinic. They wanted to confirm my insurance coverage and make sure that there had not been any changes with the new year. I thought about it for some time and what I concluded was that they were verifying patients they expect to transplant this year. By my count I had 120 days of 1B time from April to August, then about 45 days of status 2 time, then back on 1B on September 15 till now. So that makes 240 days, or just about 8 months on 1B. I can't get an answer about where I am on the list but I am guessing todays's call should be a wake up call. I am not sure if I am scared or excited. I feel so good right now, but it is just a veneer for it could change tomorrow. The reminder that my LVAD is just really life support is sobering. So, I will just continue to put one foot in front of the other, be happy for each healthy day and make sure I am ready to go. Thank god for the YMCA 400yards down the road so I can work off the stress. Less than a month till spring training and just over 4 months till the Van Halen concert at the Xcel Energy center!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment