Sunday, April 8, 2012

April is "Donate Life Month"

How exciting.  Too bad it doesn't make a good Hallmark Holiday so nobody advertises it and it doesn't appear in any media.  Beautiful morning here and the kids were excited that the Easter Bunny came.  Looking forward to brunch and the Masters.  Last year I watched it while in the hospital.  I have started to think about 1A time, now that there are 47 days left till I move up to the top of the list.  I find myself drifting into thought...questioning am I afraid or am I excited.  I lost some weight this week which made me feel good.  Just a couple of pounds but it puts me smack dab on the goal weight I want to maintain.  I have been questioning if electing for transplantation is the right step.  I had a great and very exciting conversation with my good friend Chris about cycling, which I can't really do right now due to the blood thinners I am on as part of the LVAD therapy.  Between blood thinners and wearing cycling shoes that clip in to the pedals.....that makes for a bad day if I fell while on the bike.  To say nothing about the driveline and other attachments hanging out and off of me right now.  Thinking about what I could do after transplant that I cannot due right now definitely makes me lean strongly towards a transplant.

I am trying to figure out how to make comments that people leave me visible to everyone.  If you know how to do that on the blogspot.com tool please let me know.  Happy Easter to everyone.  47 and a butt days............

No comments:

Post a Comment