Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Long Days

Hard to keep up with writing on a daily basis.  Yet another reason I am NOT on Facebook, lol.  I traveled again yesterday to Dallas for work.  It isn't so bad when I get upgraded.  However, what does get old and serves as a constant reminder of the fact that our society is not educated on heart disease, is the constant shock of either TSA agents or airline personnel telling me I am too young to have heart disease etc etc.  So much opportunity to educate.  The days are long hauling an over-size carry on bag with all the LVAD gear, plus an extra checked bag for the shower bag and work out gear I always bring.  I still find myself double and triple checking myself and my gear to make sure I have everything.  Last night my surgeon shared some newly available information regarding LVAD patients and mean time to recovery being longer than previously thought.  That is a lot to process less than 2 months to transplant or 1A time.  Lots of thought about immunosupression and side effects of drugs.  52 and a butt days.............

No comments:

Post a Comment