Sunday, April 1, 2012

No April Fools here

Can't believe it is Sunday night at 9:00 PM.  Very long but very exciting weekend spent training and ultimately earning my certification to be a Group X instructor at the YMCA.  In short if I earn any training certifications I could teach Turbo or Group cycle, or spinning as it is called.  I found myself feeling very thankful the entire day and reflecting a lot on where I was a year ago today.  I was asked to share my story with the training class this morning which I did.  I felt like I was reliving the experience all over again but I got through it and got a standing ovation at the end.  When I came home I cooked dinner and celebrated John's 9th birthday.  He was so happy to show me all of his gifts and play April Fools jokes.  He laughed so hard at candles that re-lit once he blew them out I thought he was going to wet his pants.  Tomorrow it is off to Dallas.  I am dreading travelling, not because I don't like it but it is SO much work hauling the LVAD around and I am constantly afraid I am going to retain fluid.  I am ready to be done with the LVAD.  More tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment